If you are interested in adopting an animal on our website, please call us at 303-772-1232 for more information or come in during our regular business hours.
Animals may also be placed on “hold”. There is a $30 non-refundable, non-transferrable fee for placing a hold on an animal. The hold fee is used to help care for the animals and does not apply toward your final adoption fees.
All adoption fees are listed in the biographies of each animal on our website. View available animals here. In addition to applicable adoption fees, an additional charge of $30 will be applied for a rabies vaccine before adoption. Cash and Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover) are accepted. Please note: Longmont Humane Society does not accept checks.
Seniors (ages 55+) adopting senior animals (ages 8+) always receive 50% off their adoption fee!
Your Adoption Includes:
- Spay or Neuter (some small mammals will not be spayed or neutered)
- Distemper/Parvo Vaccination
- Preventative De-worming
- Bordetella Vaccination for Dogs
- FVRCP Vaccination for Cats
- Complimentary Bag of Science Diet Dog or Cat Food
- Complimentary Veterinary Visit to our Well Pet Clinic
- 15% to 25% Off LHS Dog Training Classes
- Complimentary Post-Adoption Behavioral Support From our Staff &Training Specialists for Dogs and Cats
If you have a dog at home and are considering adopting another dog, you may be asked to bring your own dog with you, and we will facilitate a dog meet between the dogs during your appointment.
A leash and collar are required for all dogs to go home and a carrier is required for all cats and small mammals to go home. Leashes, collars and carriers can be brought with you or are available for purchase at our retail store.
Adopter Survey Forms
- Dog/Puppy Adopter Survey
- Cat/Kitten Adopter Survey
- Rabbit, Small Mammal, or Bird Adopter Survey
- Barn/Feral Cat and Kitten Adopter Survey