Adoptions available by appointment only from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
If you are interested in adopting an animal on our website, please call us at 303.772.1232 for more information or come in during our regular business hours.
Animals may also be placed on “hold”. There is a $20 non-refundable, non-transferrable fee for placing a hold on an animal. The hold fee is used to help care for the animals and does not apply towards your final adoption fees. For PUPPIES UNDER 6 MONTHS, there is also a $20 deposit required in addition to the hold fee. The puppy deposit is also non-refundable and non-transferrable however, it will be applied to the adoption fee for that specific animal.
All adoption fees are listed in the biographies of each individual animal on our website. View available animals here. In addition to applicable adoption fees, an additional charge of $15 will be applied for a rabies vaccine before adoption. If adopter is a City of Longmont resident, a $15 fee will also be collected for a city pet license. Longmont Humane Society does not accept checks. Cash and Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) are accepted.
Seniors (ages 55+) adopting senior animals (ages 8+) always receive 50% off their adoption fee!
Your Adoption Includes:
- Spay or Neuter (some small mammals will not be spayed or neutered)
- Distemper/Parvo Vaccination
- Preventative De-worming
- Bordetella Vaccination for Dogs
- FVRCP Vaccination for Cats
- Complimentary Bag of Science Diet Dog or Cat Food
- Complimentary Veterinary Visit to our Well Pet Clinic
- 30-Day Trial of Pet Medical Insurance
- 25% Off LHS Dog Training Classes
- Complimentary Post-Adoption Behavioral Support From our Staff &Training Specialists for Dogs and Cats
If you have a dog at home and are considering adopting another dog, you may be asked to bring your own dog with you, and we will facilitate a dog meet between the dogs during your appointment.
A leash and collar are required for all dogs to go home and a carrier is required for all cats and small mammals to go home. Leashes, collars and carriers can be brought along with you or are avaialbe for purchase at our retail store.