COVID precautions are being observed at LHS. Per Boulder County health order issued September 3, 2021 masks are required for all individuals 2 years of age and over entering our facility. Thank you for your cooperation.
Longmont Humane Society could not provide the outstanding services and quality of life to the thousands of animals that we care for each year without the support of our dedicated volunteer community. Volunteers offer their assistance in nearly all areas of our organization, including caring for shelter animals, helping with special events and providing administrative and veterinary clinic support.
It’s Easy to Get Started!
1) Please complete and submit the appropriate online application – Adult Volunteer with Child 8- 12 Years, Adult Volunteer
2) Attend an orientation! Our next scheduled adult volunteer orientation will be held on Saturday, September 18 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. in our Community Room. No registration is required. All volunteer opportunities will be discussed at orientation.
We look forward to having you join our team! Questions? Please email email@example.com or call us at 303-772-1232 x278.
Please note that court-mandated community service cannot be fulfilled through our volunteer department. Contact our Animal Welfare Department at 303-772-1232 x221.
Our Teen Volunteer Program is designed for teens 13 to 18 years of age (18 & still in high school). Currently, teen volunteers account for 35% of all hours contributed by volunteers with the animals in our shelter. Volunteer opportunities for teens 13-18 years of age include working in our Dog TLC and Junior Animal Care Assistant Programs as well as in a variety of promotional programs.
Our next Teen Orientation is scheduled for Saturday, December 4, from 2:00-3:30 p.m. Follow the links below to review Teen Volunteer opportunities and to learn more about signing up for the upcoming orientation.
1) Review a list of our Teen Volunteer Programs
2) Learn more about the orientation and training process
3) Review fall training schedule
4) Download an APPLICATION and WAIVER to bring to orientation!
Please take a few minutes to watch this video and learn more about joining our teen volunteer program!
Opportunities for Younger Children (Ages 8-12 years)
Longmont Humane Society provides opportunities for teens ages 13+ to work independently. Children ages 8-12 years may volunteer with a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18. Please refer to our Adult Volunteer application section above.
Current Volunteer Sign-in
Access your schedule, sign up for open shifts, remove yourself from a shift, review your hours, receive messages, update your profile and sign up for special events.