Longmont Humane Society Teen Volunteer Program
Our Teen Volunteer Program is designed for 13-18 year olds (18 & still in high school). Currently, teens account for 35% of the work done by volunteers with the animals in our shelter. Volunteer opportunities for teens 13-18 years of age include working in our Dog TLC, Feline Friends, Junior Animal Care Assistant, and a variety of promotional programs.
Please take a few minutes to watch this video and learn more about joining our teen volunteer program!
How do I get started?
1) RSVP to attend teen orientation & register for available volunteer program
2) Attend teen orientation with a parent or legal guardian & complete required training
3) Complete one shift a week for a 3 month volunteer session
We will be holding a Dog TLC (14+) and Junior Animal Care Assistant (JACA, 13+) Winter Teen Training in January. Please add you name to the notifcation list for Winter Teen Training. This is just a notification list to hear about the next orientation, not a RSVP to attend orientation.
There will be an email announcing Winter Teen Training the first week of January. Then we will send a RSVP out. This is a very popular program so it will be first come, first serve.
More details at the links below:
Please complete all paperwork and bring with you to orientation:
Alternatives to the Teen Volunteer Program: If orientation dates are not available or do not work for you, here are alternative ways to support LHS in the meantime.
1) Our foster program is always in need of homes to send animals & our foster coordinator is able to sign off on school hours for fostering. You can read more about this program here.
2) Many people will hold fundraisers on their own to then donate items from our wish list, click here for our wish list items. Please note that our volunteer program cannot sign off on school hours for this.
Opportunities for Younger Children (Ages 8-12)
We know there are many children in this age group who would love to work with the animals; unfortunately, we do not have the supervision to offer this as independent volunteer work. May we suggest, however, that an adult, over the age of 18, work as the primary volunteer and the child may accompany the adult during their volunteer time. Please refer to our Adult Volunteer section for more information.
For more information please contact our TLC Volunteer Coordinator at 303.772.1232 x278 or email email@example.com.