Requests from the media for additional information and/or interviews should be directed to Liz Smokowski at (303) 772-1232, ext. 225.
- Please stay tuned for updates about how Longmont Humane Society may be offering support to those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Over 60 dogs were removed from a home in Larimer County on July, 25. Longmont Humane Society has taken in six of the dogs, ages 4 months to 10 years, who have been placed in foster care in preparation for adoption.
- Longmont Humane Society welcomes 13 dogs from City Dogs Cleveland!
- Longmont Humane Society receives $25,000 through Sam's Club Giving grant program.
- Several bats have tested positive for rabies in Larimer County in 2016. Boulder County also reports three bats, one racoon and one skunk have tested positive for rabies since the beginning of the year. Learn more here about how to keep both yourself and your pets safe from rabies infection here. Be sure your pets rabies vaccines are up to date. Visit the LHS Well Pet Clinic to update this and all of your pets' vaccines.
- Longmont Humane Society discontinues breed labeling! Read press release here.